Having routine air conditioning service done at least annually can help lengthen the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at peak efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Lodi summertime, have the experts at Tokay Heating and Air Conditioning conduct your routine air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, test for refrigerant leaks with a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is necessary, retrieve any refrigerant that must be evacuated from the system, rather than illicitly releasing it to the environment.
- Look for correct airflow in the system.
- Verify the appropriate electric control sequence to ensure adequate sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the accuracy of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters frequently is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that straightforward can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to operate at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or replaced during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it regularly. We recommend checking it once a month or according to the manufacturer’s suggestion. How often it actually requires cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust gets into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your routine air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Tokay Heating and Air Conditioning today at 209-257-3156.