With warmer weather close by, now is the time to take a look at your air conditioner. When your air conditioner
is working at peak efficiency, it can save a big amount off your energy expenses! Likewise, if your air conditioning unit needs service, it could significantly raise your bills and cause needless and life-shortening wear and tear on your system. Having your Tokay Heating and Air Conditioning professional complete air conditioning service
at least annually is key to keeping your system operating efficiently for a while. He or she can be sure the unit is running correctly and can identify possible concerns before they happen, saving you even more money.
Your skilled air conditioning service should include, but is not limited to:
- Replacement of, or cleaning of, air filters
- Cleaning of condensate drain, blower components and condenser coil
- Lubrication of all moving parts and tightening of electrical components
- Performance of cooling cycle assessment
In addition to setting up your expert air conditioning service, there are steps you can do now and periodically throughout the year to be sure your air conditioner is at peak performance.
- Uncover your outdoor unit if you had it covered during winter. Using your AC with a cover, coil blanket or lid on it may damage your system and leave you needing large repairs or even replacement.
- Clear the area by your AC. Be sure there are no shrubs, weeds, flowers, etc. growing near your AC unit because they could interfere with airflow through your AC. Also be sure there aren’t piles of leaves or mulch obstructing any aspect of it.
Throughout the year:
- While your filters may be cleaned or changed during your professional air conditioning service, it’s important for you to look at them each month and change them per the manufacturer’s suggestion. All homes have unique needs when talking about air filter replacement, depending on things like owning house pets or doing home construction throughout the year.
Having your ducts cleaned regularly will also ensure your air conditioner is able to run efficiently and will help you have a comfy home. By adhering these simple, proactive steps, you’ll be doing everything you can to be sure your air conditioner will be prepped for whatever summer offers. Give the pros at Tokay Heating and Air Conditioning a call at 209-257-3156.