Whether you appreciate winter or favor the warmer months in Lodi, a lot of us make adjustments to be sure our home’s temperature keeps us comfortable. This can have a large impact on your monthly bills, but there are steps you can take to help lower those costs.
- Assess the weather stripping – As the years go on, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to find any drafts that need to be addressed.
- Take advantage of your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be helpful in keeping your house warm. Keep them open during the day when the sun is out, and make sure to close them at night, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter regularly to see if it needs to be changed. We suggest at least once every three months, but every household is different, so that can vary.
- Install a programmable thermostat – It may seem like just a simple way to make sure your home stays warm, but programmable thermostats can also save money on your heating bill! You can fix temperatures to be lower when you are away from the home or sleeping. Being more mindful of efficiency will help with heating costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Look to see if you have a sufficient amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a powerful tool to decrease the chances of heat escaping.
- Book routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs to have checkups, too. Hiring experts to clean and maintain your system will confirm that your system is working effectively and efficiently. They can also identify small issues that could end up as more costly repairs if ignored.
- Assess your HVAC system – If it seems like your monthly heating costs are continually increasing—regardless your efforts to improve efficiency—it might be time to consider a replacement heating system. An expert at Tokay Heating and Air Conditioning can help you analyze the performance of your HVAC system and walk through the choices for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps lower the amount of money you are putting toward your energy costs, but many of them can help your heating system operate more efficiently. More efficient energy use also improves the health of your equipment, which means your heating system will have a longer life.
If you would like routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide additional information on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Tokay Heating and Air Conditioning in Lodi a call to start down the right path. Contact our team at 209-257-3156 or arrange an appointment with us online.