Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Lodi during the colder seasons, when they’re necessary to keep you warm. While you know the team at Tokay Heating and Air Conditioning will constantly be there ASAP when you require us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to double check a repair is necessary and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, raise the temperature by five degrees to test if it switches on.
- If everything looks accurate, check your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an obstruction causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try swapping the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not clogging things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and clear?
If you’ve worked through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Tokay Heating and Air Conditioning at 209-257-3156 and we’ll get your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.