As springtime begins, you may be considering, is an AC tune-up worth it in Lodi? Even if your cooling equipment is up-to-date or was running good last year.
Here’s one approach to look at it. You wouldn’t purchase a brand-new vehicle and never have to request any maintenance for it, such as putting in fresh oil or putting on new tires.
The same applies for your AC. It’s equipment that consumes fuel and has moving parts. Like a automobile, it can get leaks and its moving components can malfunction.
Having your system checked annually by a Tokay specialist can help spot little issues before they turn into large breakdowns. (And cause your unit to stop operating!)
Six Reasons to Tune Up Your AC in the Spring
- It keeps your unit clean. Since your AC is located outdoors, it’s more vulnerable to having a buildup of dirt, leaves and other yard clippings, which can greatly affect your unit’s efficiency. While you can use our how to clean your AC guide, we recommend calling an expert to service delicate internal pieces.
- It keeps your AC efficient. Dirt and yard clippings that accumulate within your system can make it work harder and lower airflow. Both these issues can cause higher energy use—and a bigger utility bill!
- It could lengthen your equipment’s life span. A clean AC is an efficient one and may even help it work for a longer period of time. That’s money that you’ll keep on your monthly energy costs and over the years, because you won’t have to install new equipment as soon.
- It helps spot little issues before they lead to big, pricey problems. During professional AC maintenance, your technician will carefully examine components and complete a series of AC performance tests. These detailed procedures often allow us to locate issues before they turn into big troubles that result in a costly repair bill.
- It helps deliver worry-free operation throughout the season. After your unit is serviced, you’ll have peace of mind being aware your system is ready to give worry-free air. Even on the muggiest days. It’s one of the wisest methods to keep your air conditioner from failing.
- It keeps your warranty going. Most manufacturers call for regular maintenance to keep your warranty valid. Without this tune-up, your equipment is open to advanced breakdowns and decreased efficiency.
What Does AC Maintenance Include?
A good AC tune-up should involve an examination and maintenance work from a qualified HVAC tech. Here’s some of the services we’ll perform:
We’ll examine the subsequent areas and components:
- Overall equipment condition
- Start-up sequence
- Thermostat settings
- Air filter
- Blower components and airflow
- Electrical connections
- Condenser coil
- Safety controls
- Supply and return temperature
- Refrigerant pressure
- Condensate drains
This is just a portion of the jobs we’ll complete:
- Replace air filters
- Secure electrical connections
- Check electrical flow
- Lubricate moving pieces
- Clean condensate drains
- Clean condenser coil
Schedule Your AC Maintenance Now with Tokay
This week is the best time to schedule your AC maintenance! Give our Tokay pros a shout at 209-257-3156 or contact us online to request your appointment. Before we come to your home, make sure to browse our special offers for savings on your next tune-up.