During the cooler Lodi months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen in your home, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it does, a simple call to Tokay Heating and Air Conditioning will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got a few signs you should watch for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Tokay Heating and Air Conditioning right away if you notice any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be inspected by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re repeatedly turning up the thermostat, yet you aren’t getting warmer, a furnace repair might be necessary. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it may also mean your furnace is not big enough for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably wise to schedule a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re working your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility bill, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your expert from Tokay Heating and Air Conditioning can determine what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It could be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as major as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to identify when you need a furnace repair, call us and our team can help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Tokay Heating and Air Conditioning at 209-257-3156 or book an appointment with us online.