In Lodi you depend on your furnace
to keep you warm throughout the chilly time of year. If it’s been a while since you had a routine maintenance appointment for your heat pump
, you could be preparing for furnace service
visit in the near future. As a minimum, you could have a dirty air filter, which can obstruct air flow and impact your furnace’s efficiency. It could even cause issues with your furnace’s limit switch, which controls furnace operation.
There are many other reasons you may need a furnace repair. We’ve collected some indicators for you to scan for. The earlier you can call for a heat pump maintenance, the better. Call in a professional, like Tokay Heating and Air Conditioning, if you notice any of these signs:
- Your blower doesn’t seem to be operating properly. Is it operating enough? Is it operating all the time? Is the air blowing through as liberally as it should, or does it seem weak? Signs related to your blower could indicate a slight problem with your air filter or the internal blower.
- Your home isn’t getting warm enough. Are you hiking up the thermostat again and again, but you’re still cool? This could be a problem with your thermostat. It might be that your furnace is too undersized for your home. It may even be a problem with your gas source or your pilot light, amid other things.
- Your furnace is loud. If your furnace starts operating noisily or making noises you’re not used to hearing, there could be an issue.
- You smell gas. You definitely don’t want to meddle with this one. If you smell gas, cut off your furnace immediately and shut down its gas supply. Get around lighting matches or turning on lights until your HVAC technician or your gas company looks at it.
- You find water pooling around your furnace. Often times this is a obstructed condensation line. This could demand both plumbing and HVAC pros to fix.
- Your utility bill keeps growing. If your bill is increasing, but your usage is not, there could be a variation of issues. Your HVAC expert will help find out what’s going wrong.
Now that you’ve read these symptoms, you’ll know when you need to setup furnace repair. And we’re here when you need it. Call Tokay Heating and Air Conditioning at 209-257-3156 when you need to setup repairs or regular maintenance.